This list features recent Landslide Program publications, searchable by Landslide Program authors. Open File Reports and Non-USGS
publications are listed for recent years only, but the list includes all Landslide USGS Fact Sheets.
For a more comprehensive, searchable list of publications, please see the USGS Main Publication search page: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov
- (2011) Jibson, Randall W., and Harp, Edwin L., 2011, Field reconnaissance report of landslides triggered by the January 12, 2010, Haiti earthquake:, USGS Open-File Report, 2011-10223
- (2006) Jibson, R.W., 2006, Photographs, correspondence, and presentations related to the La Conchita, California, landslide: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006-1278.
- (2005) Jibson, R., 2005, Landslide hazards at La Conchita, California: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2005-1067, 12 p.
- (2013) Jjibson, Randall W., Rathje, Ellen M., Jibson, Matthew W., and Lee, Yong W., 2013, SLAMMER--Seismic LAndslide Movement Modeled using Earthquake Records: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 12, chapter B1, unpaged., U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 12, chapter B1, unpaged.
- (2012) Harp, E.L., Hartzell, S.H., Jibson, R.W., and Ramirez-Guzman, L., 2012, Relation of landslides triggered by the Kiholo Bay earthquake and modeled ground motion, in Eberhardt, E., Froese, C., Turner, A.K., and Leroueil, S., eds.,Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society Through Improved Understanding, CRC Press, London, p. 507-510.
- (2012) Jibson, Randall W., and Harp, Edwin L., 2012, Extraordinary Distance Limits of Landslides Triggered by the 2011 Mineral, Virginia, Earthquake: Bull. of the Seis. Soc., Am., v. 102, no. 6, pp. 2368-2377, December. doi: 10.1785/0120120055
- (2011) Harp, E.L., Jibson, R.W., and Dart, R.L., 2011, The effect of complex fault rupture on the distribution of landslides triggered by the 12 January 2010, Haiti earthquake: Proceedings of the Second World Landslide Forum, Rome, Italy, p.625.
- (2008) Schulz, W.H., Harp, E.L., and Jibson, R.W., 2008, Characteristics of large rock avalanches triggered by the November 3, 2002 Denali Fault earthquake, Alaska, USA: , in: Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Landslides, Xian, China, June 30-July 4, 2008, Taylor and Francis Group, London.
- (2008) Godt, J.W., Sener, B., Verdin, K.L., Wald, D.J., Earle, P.S., Harp, E.L., and Jibson, R.W., 2008, Rapid assessment of earthquake-induced landsliding: , in, Proceedings of the First World Landslide Forum, November 2008, tokyo, Japan, Parallel Sessions Volume, International Program on Landslides, online: http://www.iclhq.org/WLFweb/parallel_sessions.pdf
- (2008) Gipprich, T.L., Schnieder, R.K., Jibson, R.W., and Kimman, W., 2008, The role of shear and tensile failure in dynamically triggered landslides:, Geophysical Journal International, v. 172, p. 770-778.
- (2007) Romeo, R.W., Jibson, R.W., and Pugliese, A., 2007, A methodology for assessing earthquake-induced landslide risk,, in, Schaefer, V.R., Schuster, R.L., and Turner, A.K. (eds.), Conference Presentations—1st North American Landslide Conference, Vail, Colorado: Association of Engineering Geologist, Denver, CO.
- (2007) Jibson, R.W., 2007, Regression models for estimating coseismic landslide displacement: , Engineering Geology, Volume 91, Issue 2-4, 22 May 2007, Pages 209-218.
- (2006) Kieffer, D.S., Jibson, R., Rathje, E.M., and Kelson, K., 2006, Landslides triggered by the 2004 Niigata Ken Chuetsu, Japan earthquake:, Earthquake Spectra, v. 22, p. S47-S73.
- (2006) Jibson, R.W., Harp, E.L., Schulz, W., and Keefer, D.K., 2006, Large rock avalanches triggered by the M 7.9 Denali Fault, Alaska, earthquake of 3 November 2002: Engineering Geology, Elsevier, Volume 83, Issue 1-3, 28 February 2006, Pages 144-160.
- (2006) Landslides, Springer, Volume 3, Issue 1, March 2006, Pages 73-78.
- (2009) Jibson, R. W., and Michael, J.A., 2009, Maps showing seismic landslide hazards in Anchorage, Alaska: , U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Map 3077, 2009, Map scale 1:25,000, 11 p., Maps with accompanying pamphlet
- (2004) Larsen, M. C., Santiago, M., Jibson, R. W., Questell, E., 2004, Map showing susceptibility to rainfall-triggered landslides in the Municipality of Ponce, Puerto Rico: , U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Map I-2818, 1 pl.