This list features recent Landslide Program publications, searchable by Landslide Program authors. Open File Reports and Non-USGS
publications are listed for recent years only, but the list includes all Landslide USGS Fact Sheets.
For a more comprehensive, searchable list of publications, please see the USGS Main Publication search page: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov
- (2008) Rupert, M.G., Cannon, S.H., Gartner, J.E., Michael, J.A., and Helsel, D.R., 2008, Using logistic regression to predict the probability of debris flows in areas burned by wildfires, southern California, 2003-2006: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2008-1370, 20 p.
- (2007) Coe, J.A. (editor), Bigio, E. R., Blair, R.W., Jr., Burke, Michael, Cannon, S.H., deWolfe, V.G., Ey, John, Gartner, J.E., Gillam, M.L., Knowlton, N.D., Santi, Paul M. and Schulz, William H., 2007, Mass wasting following the 2002 Missionary Ridge fire near Durango, Colorado, a field trip guidebook:, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2007-1289, 54 p., and Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists Special Publication No. 20.
- (2007) Cannon, S.H., Gartner, J.E., and Michael, J.A., 2007, Methods for the emergency assessment of debris-flow hazards from basins burned by the fires of 2007, southern California: , U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2007-1384, 10 p.
- (2005) Gartner, J. E. , Cannon, S. H. , Bigio, E. R. , Davis, N. K. , Parrett, C. Pierce, K.L. , Rupert, M. G. , Thurston, B. L. , Trebish, M. J. , Garcia, S. P., and Rea, A. H., 2005, Compilation of data relating to the erosive response of 606 recently burned, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2005-1218.
- (2004) Gartner, J. E. , Bigio, E. R. and Cannon, S. H. , 2004, Compilation of post wildfire runoff-event data from the Western United States: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2004-1085.
- (2005) U.S. Geological Survey, 2005, Southern California - wildfires and debris flows: , U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet 2005-3106.
- (2008) Santi, P.M., deWolf, V.G., Higgins, J.E., Cannon, S.H., Gartner, J.E., 2008, Sources of debris flow material in burned areas: , Geomorphology, Elsevier, v. 96, p. 310-321.
- (2008) Cannon, S.H., and DeGraff, J., 2008, The increasing wildfire and post-fire debris-flow threat in western USA, and implications for consequences of climate change: , in, Sassa, K., and Canuti, P., (eds)., Landslides – Disaster Risk Reduction: Proceedings of 1st World Landslide Forum, Tokyo, Japan, November, 2008, Springer-Verlag, Berlin p. 177-190.
- (2007) Santi, P.M., deWolfe, V.G., Higgins, J.D., Cannon, S.H., and Gartner, J.E., 2007, Effectiveness of Debris Flow Mitigation Methods in Burned Areas, : Proceedings of the 1st North American Landslide Conference, AEG Special Publication no. 23
- (2007) DeGraff, J.V., Cannon, S.H., Gartner, J.E. and Gallegos, A.J, 2007, Reducing post-wildfire debris flow risk through the burned area emergency response (BAER) process: , Proceedings of the 1st North America Landslide Conference, AEG Special Publication no 23.
- (2005) Cannon, S.H. and Gartner, J.E., 2005, Wildfire-related debris flow from a hazards perspective: , in: Hungr, O. and Jacob, M. eds., Debris-Flow Hazards and Related Phenomena, Springer-Praxis Books in Geophysical Sciences, p. 321-344.