National Landslide Information Center
Outreach and Exhibits
- The NLIC publishes in various venues such as USGS fact sheets, books, pamphlets, and posters, and will provide personnel to present landslide information in schools, civic organizations, and other interested governmental entities.
- A toll-free phone line for landslide information, referrals, and data searches is maintained and between 20 and 30 calls for landslide information are taken per day.
- An exhibit booth for landslide information where the latest research and reference materials are shown at various national meetings and other USGS presentations.
- To contact the National Landslide Information Center:
Direct telephone: 303-273-8588
Toll-free telephone (please leave a message and your call will be returned): 1-800-654-4966
- An online bibliographic database of published and unpublished landslide maps and reports accessible by title, author, year, or keywords.
- Inventory of names, addresses, phone numbers, and interests of worldwide landslide researchers.
- Uncatalogued photographic materials, including photographic prints and color slides.
- Worldwide newspaper and news service reports describing landslide damage and fatalities.
- Press releases, copies of legislation, ordinances, codes and other documents on landslides.
- The NLIC prepares press releases and tracks USGS investigative activities related to major landslide events.