This list features recent Landslide Program publications, searchable by Landslide Program authors. Open File Reports and Non-USGS
publications are listed for recent years only, but the list includes all Landslide USGS Fact Sheets.
For a more comprehensive, searchable list of publications, please see the USGS Main Publication search page: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov
- (2011) Jibson, Randall W., and Harp, Edwin L., 2011, Field reconnaissance report of landslides triggered by the January 12, 2010, Haiti earthquake:, USGS Open-File Report, 2011-10223
- (2008) Baum, R. L., Galloway, D. L., and Harp, E. L., 2008, Landslide and land subsidence hazards to pipelines: , USGS Open-file report 2008-1164, also: in, Landslide Investigation Methods, Chapter 3, p. 107-192, Prepared in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline Research Council International, and DGH Consulting Inc.
- (2006) Harp, E. L., Michael, J. A. , and Laprade, W.T., 2006, Shallow-landslide hazard map of Seattle, Washington: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006-1139, 23 p., 1 sheet.
- (2006) Harp, E. L., and Crone, A. J., 2006, Landslides triggered by the October 8, 2005, Pakistan Earthquake and associated landslide-dammed reservoirs: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006-1052, 13 p.
- (2006) Harp, E. L. and Lindsay, C. R., 2006, Stability of leaning column at Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006-1130, 10 p.
- (2005) Coe, J. A. , Harp, E. L. , Tarr, A. C. , and Michael, J. A., 2005, Rock-fall hazard assessment of Little Mill Campground, American Fork Canyon, Uinta National Forest, Utah: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2005-1229, 50 p., 2 plates, data downloads.
- (2005) Baum, R. L. , McKenna, J. P. , Godt, J. W. , Harp, E. L., and McMullen, S. R. (Shannon and Wilson, Inc.), 2005, Hydrologic monitoring of landslide-prone coastal bluffs near Edmonds and Everett, Washington, 2001-2004: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2005-1063, 42 p.
- (2004) Harp, E. L., Reid, M. E., Michael, J. A., 2004, Hazard analysis of landslides triggered by Typhoon Chata'an on July 2, 2002, in Chuuk State, Federated States of Micronesia: , U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2004-1348, 24 p., 2 plates.
- (2014) Godt, J.W., Coe, J.A., Kean, J.W., Baum, R.L., Jones, E.S., Harp, E.L., Staley, D.M., and Barnhart, W.D., 2014, Landslides in the northern Colorado Front Range caused by rainfall, September 11–13, 2013, U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet 2013–3114, 6 p
- (2007) Baum, Rex, Harp, Ed, and Highland, Lynn, 2007, Landslide hazards in the Seattle, Washington, area: , U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet 2007-3005.
- (2012) Stock, G.M., Luco, N., Collins, B.D., Harp, E.L., Reichenbach, P., and Frankel, K.L., 2012, Quantitative rock-fall hazard and risk assessment for Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California: , National Park Service, Yosemite National Park, El Portal, California, 96p.
- (2012) Stock, G.M., Martel, S.J., Collins, B.D., and Harp, E.L., 2012. Progressive failure of sheeted rock slopes: the 2009–2010 Rhombus Wall rock falls in Yosemite Valley, California, USA:, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., v. 37, pp. 546–561. DOI: 10.1002/esp.3192
- (2012) Harp, E.L., Hartzell, S.H., Jibson, R.W., and Ramirez-Guzman, L., 2012, Relation of landslides triggered by the Kiholo Bay earthquake and modeled ground motion, in Eberhardt, E., Froese, C., Turner, A.K., and Leroueil, S., eds.,Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society Through Improved Understanding, CRC Press, London, p. 507-510.
- (2012) Stock, G.M., Luco, N., Harp, E.L., Collins, B.C., Reichenbach, P., Frankel, K., Matasci, B., Carrea, D., Jaboyedoff, M., and Oppikofer, T., 2012, Quantitative rock-fall hazard and risk assessment for Yosemite Valley, California, in Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society through Improved Understanding, proc. of the 11th Int. Symp. on Landslides, Banff, Alberta, Canada, Eberhardt et al., eds., pp. 1119-1125.
- (2012) Stock, G.M., Sitar, N., Borchers, J.W., Harp, E.L., Snyder, J.B., Collins, B.D., Bales, R.C., and Wieczorek, G.F., 2012, Evaluating hypothesized water system triggers for rock falls from Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park, in Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society through Improved Understanding, proc. of the 11th Int. Symp. on Landslides, Banff, Alberta, Canada, Eberhardt et al., eds., pp. 1165-1171.
- (2012) Jibson, Randall W., and Harp, Edwin L., 2012, Extraordinary Distance Limits of Landslides Triggered by the 2011 Mineral, Virginia, Earthquake: Bull. of the Seis. Soc., Am., v. 102, no. 6, pp. 2368-2377, December. doi: 10.1785/0120120055
- (2011) Harp, Edwin L., Dart, Richard L., and Reichenbach, Paola, 2011, Rock fall simulation at Timpanogos Cave National Monument, American Fork Canyon, Utah, USA:, Landslides, January 26, 2011, p. 1 - 7. doi:10.1007/s10346-010-0251-7
- (2011) Harp, E.L., Keefer, D.K., Sato, H.P., and Yagi, H., 2011, Landslide inventories: The essential part of seismic landslide hazard analyses: Engineering Geology, v. 122, p. 9-21.
- (2011) Stock, G.M., Collins, B.D., Martel, S., Harp, E., 2011, Progressive rock slope failure due to sheeting joint propagation: The 2009-2010 Rhombus Wall rock falls in Yosemite Valley, California, USA: Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 37(5), pp. 546-561.
- (2011) Harp, E.L., Jibson, R.W., and Dart, R.L., 2011, The effect of complex fault rupture on the distribution of landslides triggered by the 12 January 2010, Haiti earthquake: Proceedings of the Second World Landslide Forum, Rome, Italy, p.625.
- (2009) Sato, H.P., and Harp, E.L., 2009, Interpretation of earthquake-induced landslides triggered by the 12 May 2008, M 7.9 Wenchuan earthquake: , Landslides, v. 6, p. 153-159.
- (2009) Harp, E.L., Reid, M.E., McKenna, J.P., and Michael, J.A., 2009, Mapping of hazard from rainfall-triggered landslides in developing countries: examples from Honduras and Micronesia: , Engineering Geology, Elsevier, v. 104, p. 295-311.
- (2008) Schulz, W.H., Harp, E.L., and Jibson, R.W., 2008, Characteristics of large rock avalanches triggered by the November 3, 2002 Denali Fault earthquake, Alaska, USA: , in: Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Landslides, Xian, China, June 30-July 4, 2008, Taylor and Francis Group, London.
- (2008) Harp, E.L., Reid, M.E., Godt, J.W., Degraff, J.V., and Gallegos, A.J., 2008, Ferguson rock slide buries California State Highway near Yosemite National Park: Landslides, v. 5, no. 3, pp. 331-337.
- (2008) Godt, J.W., Sener, B., Verdin, K.L., Wald, D.J., Earle, P.S., Harp, E.L., and Jibson, R.W., 2008, Rapid assessment of earthquake-induced landsliding: , in, Proceedings of the First World Landslide Forum, November 2008, tokyo, Japan, Parallel Sessions Volume, International Program on Landslides, online: http://www.iclhq.org/WLFweb/parallel_sessions.pdf
- (2008) Godt, J.W., Baum, R.L., Savage, W.Z., Salciarini, Diana, Schulz, W.H., and Harp, E.l., 2008, Transient deterministic shallow landslide modeling--Requirements for susceptibility and hazard assessments in a GIS framework: Engineering Geology, v. 102, no. 3-4, Landslide Susceptibility, Hazard and Risk Zoning for Land Use Planning, p. 214-226, DOI: 10.1016/j.enggeo.2008.03.019.
- (2007) Coe, J.A. and Harp, E.L., 2007, Influence of tectonic folding on rockfall susceptibility: , Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, v. 7, p. 1-14.
- (2006) Jibson, R.W., Harp, E.L., Schulz, W., and Keefer, D.K., 2006, Large rock avalanches triggered by the M 7.9 Denali Fault, Alaska, earthquake of 3 November 2002: Engineering Geology, Elsevier, Volume 83, Issue 1-3, 28 February 2006, Pages 144-160.
- (2005) Baum, R.L., Godt, J.W., Harp, E.L., McKenna, J.P., and McMullen, S.R., 2005, Early warning of landslides for rail traffic between Seattle and Everett, Washington, USA: in, Hungr, O., Fell, R., Couture, R., and Ebdrhardt, E., eds., Landslide Risk Management, Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Landslide Risk Management: New York, A.A. Balkema, p. 731-740.
- (2005) Baum, R.L., Coe, J.A., Godt, J.W., Harp, E.L., Reid, M.E. Savage, W.Z., Schulz, W.H., Brien, D.L., Chleborad, A.F., McKenna, J.P., and Michael, J.A., 2005, Regional Landslide-Hazard assessment for Seattle, Washington, USA: Landslides, v. 2, no. 4, p. 266-279, DOI: 10.1007/s10346-005-0023-y