USGS software for landslide assessments and modeling
Scoops3D is software to analyze three-dimensional slope stability throughout a digital landscape.
Scoops3D and Scoops3D-i (recommended)
Includes Scoops3D, Scoops3D-i, and Scoops3D manual
Includes Scoops3D examples described in Chapter 7 of the Scoops3D manual
Scoops3D executable code
Compiled code for Scoops3D for use at command line. Does not include Scoops3D-i
Scoops3D source code
- Reid, M.E., Christian, S.B., Brien, D.L., and Henderson, S.T., 2014, Scoops3D: Software to analyze three-dimensional slope stability throughout a digital landscape: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 14, chap. A1 .
SLAMMER is a Java program that facilitates performing a variety of sliding-block analyses to evaluate seismic slope performance
- Jibson, R. W., Rathje, E. M., Jibson, M. W., and Lee, Y. W., 2013, SLAMMER -- Seismic Land Movement Modeled using Earthquake Records: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 12, chap. B1, unpaged.
A Fortran-90 Computer program for time-dependent slope stability in response to rainfall infiltration
Download latest version (v 2.0.06b, 23 Nov 2009)
- Baum, R. L., Godt, J.W., and Savage, W. Z., 2010, Estimating the timing and location of shallow rainfall-induced landslides using a model for transient, unsaturated infiltration: Journal of Geophysical Research, Earth Surface. v. 115, F03013, doi:10.1029/2009JF001321
- Baum, R.L., Savage, W.Z., and Godt, J.W., 2008, TRIGRS - A Fortran program for transient rainfall infiltration and grid-based regional slope-stability analysis, version 2.0: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report, 2008-1159, 75 p.
- Savage, W.Z., Godt, J.W., and Baum, R.L., 2004, Modeling time-dependent aerial slope stability, in Lacerda, W.A., Erlich, M., Fontoura, S.A.B., and Sayao, A.S.F., eds., Landslides-evaluation and stabilization, Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Landslides: London, A.A. Balkema Publishers, v. 1, p. 23-36.
- Savage, W.Z., Godt, J.W., and Baum, R.L., 2003, A model for spatially and temporally distributed shallow landslide initiation by rainfall infiltration, in Rickenmann, D. and Chen, C., eds., Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation-Mechanics, Prediction, and Assessment: Rotterdam, Millpress (Proceedings of the 3rd International conference on Debris Flow Hazards, Davos, Switzerland, September 10-13, 2003), p. 179-187.
- Baum, R.L., Savage, W.Z., and Godt, J.W., 2002, TRIGRS—A FORTRAN Program for Transient Rainfall Infiltration and Grid-Based Regional Slope-Stability Analysis: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 02-0424, 35 p., 2 appendices.
A Fortran-77 Computer Program to Calculate the Areal Distribution of Mapped Data Points Using Count-Circle Methodology
- Savage, W.Z., Coe, J.A., Sweeney, R. E., 2001, PTCOUNT — A Fortran-77 computer program to calculate the areal distribution of mapped data points using count-circle methodology, U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 01-0002, 10 p.
JanbuGS, BishopGS, and FelleniusGS
Fortran-77 programs for limit-equilibrium slope-stability analysis
- Baum, R.L., 2000, Computer Programs for Limit-Equilibrium Slope-Stability Analysis—FelleniusGS, BishopGS, and JanbuGS, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-0107